Pretty as a Picture


Apple named Instagram the app of the year for 2011 and I agree 100%. It is by far my favorite app for three reasons: photos are quick and easy to post...they tell the story, I can follow people in cities that I dream about visiting then favorite them for future reference, and finally, you are connecting in a new, personal way. 

I started an account for my company, which hasn't been a huge focus for us due to lack of time (although I HATE saying that). A great brand I follow is "katespadeny" where I enjoy photos of New York, the manager of the account at work or at photo shoots, as well as their products. Of course it is easy for such a fashionable crew to find pretty things to post, but check out "generalelectric" and you will see that you don't have to have color, purses and the background from an amazing city to tell a story through your photos. 

I have been using the app at an increasing rate personally and just started a 30-Day Photo Challenge, which you can read about here. Just today at 11:30 p.m. there are over 2700 photos tagged for the challenge. Makes me think of the fun that large and small businesses alike could have with the site.  

It will be fun to watch the site grow and how businesses find new and exciting ways to use it. You can find me on Instagram by searching "amberpresley" but beware, I post a lot of Yorkie photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment